tenpastmidnight blog

Making hay while the sun shines

Self Googling

I'm now second on Google for 'Paul Silver.' Woo! Having some people linking to my site with my name as the text in the link is a great help, but adding a quick page about myself has definitely helped, it's bumped me up higher than one of my compatriots who's in a sailing club that I was below a couple of weeks back.

Normally, I wouldn't care where I am ranked for my name in Google, but as I'm doing more SEO now it is a bit silly not to get a good ranking, as it's the obvious thing people look up about you. I don't think I'll knock the chap at the top off, as he's got the .com domain name of our shared name, and a large number of links to it from relevant places as he has a well established photography business. I think he's a fine PS to be at the top, I just wanted to be a little higher than the Paul Silvers who just happened to be on a page about something they are interested in.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?