tenpastmidnight blog

Making hay while the sun shines

Noise

I have a weird drone.

Nothing to do with the Borg, Star Trek fans, and everything to do with an irritating noise coming from above my flat. It's just loud enough to be very annoying, especially at night, and kept me awake until pretty much 5am. Great.

The guy above me in the flats claims it's not coming from him, but he gets a lot of noise from the people above him, who weren't answering their door when I knocked. However, I couldn't hear the hum/noise outside their door, whereas I could outside the guy above me. He's always been a considerate, pretty quiet neighbour so I can believe it's not coming from him, so maybe it's some internal / piping thing that he doesn't know about. Unfortunately the building manager isn't available until Monday. Joy.

I have bought some ear plugs.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?