tenpastmidnight blog

Making hay while the sun shines

Of Kidneys and dates

I'm not a great one for dates, as anyone who's birthday I'm supposed to remember can attest. 19th December is one I do keep track of, and it's not for a good reason. However, now I have a good reason to remember the date, as it's now when the sister of one of my oldest friends received a kidney from her father. The operation seems to have been a success, though both patients are having regular check-ups.

They were both at home after a few days, which the cynical side of me says is to save NHS beds wherever possible, but the other part of me thinks is quite amazing - removing a bad kidney, sticking in a good one from someone else who's going down to one, and you're up and about in a few days. Bloody amazing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?