tenpastmidnight blog

Making hay while the sun shines

Of Beetles and birthdays

Yesterday I fell back in love with my car. I was driving back from the supermarket, the sky was blue (against forecasts) the air was clear and I was thinking "what would be better than driving around in a Beetle today?", not a lot, of course, apart from the same trip in a Karmann Ghia.

Also definitely better was meeting up with friends in the evening and celebrating Alex's 30th birthday, involving drinking, bowling and good food. Oh yes, and a touch more drinking. We thought the bowling at Brighton Marina was a bit expensive (£4.50 each for only one round) but at least I got to see Phil win a game, which is something I thought impossible and would never have believed if I hadn't seen it myself!

Alex - I say again: welcome to Old Gitsville, population: You.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?