tenpastmidnight blog

Making hay while the sun shines

Leamington Spa Survival Kit

I'm off to Leamington Spa again next week to do some more ColdFusion work. Having unpacked all my stuff a few weeks ago when I last finished, I have to find all the parts of my Leamington Spa Survival Kit...


  • Books, to fill the time in Leamington's exciting evenings. This time the selection will be 'Love All The People. Letters, Lyrics, Routines' by Bill Hicks; probably one of the Harry Potter books, and the latest Wired magazine. That gives me a complete range of cynicism, I'll leave it up to the reader to decide whether Harry Potter or Wired has a shiniest outlook on life.

  • Notebook, of the paper variety, so I can keep track of when my train out-of-town was supposed to arrive.

  • MP3-friendly CD player, so I can take lots of tunes without lots of discs.

  • Chargers for gadgets. Must remember to charge my Palm before I leave so it doesn't go flat and I don't need to take it's charger with me.

  • Earplugs, in case I get a room near the road again (or the Lionel Richie live CD breaks out again.)



Generally, I can amuse myself for hours (keep those rude remarks to yourself.) But after the four and a half hour journey up there, then the first could of nights with nothing to do, even my high-boredom threashhold gets stretched. Hopefully they'll have finished rebuilding the cinema and have more screens open. Everything on at the moment must be better than what I last saw in Leam: Van Helsing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?