tenpastmidnight blog

Making hay while the sun shines

Turning off DHCP in a D-Link DI-614+ Router

Also when messing around with the network the DHCP on my router kept over-riding Richard's. I've got a D-Link DI-614+ router and we couldn't get it to turn off DHCP, it kept saying 'Invalid starting IP address' or something very like it. Eventually we thought to upgrade the firmware from the D-Link support site and the 2.33 revision released in July 2004 sorted out the problem and we could turn off DHCP.

I'm normally very wary of flashing stuff, I heard too many horror stories back in the 486 days of a floppy corrupting the new BIOS file and people turning their fancypants PCs in to large beige doorstops. Now I must remember it's a much more common way of fixing bugs.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?