tenpastmidnight blog

Making hay while the sun shines

Installing Xalan in Windows 2000

I'm trying to learn some more XSL, as so far I've made do with a few tutorials and results from Google searches.

Dave has leant me one of the most recommended XSLT books.

It asks me to install Xalan, which is a hassle as the Xalan site isn't exactly easy to understand. I eventually found the binary download of everything in a zip. Then I needed some help setting the classpath, but things still didn't work. Eventually I found these extra instructions, which seem to have done the trick.

Sometimes I hate Open Source software, it's so tricky to go to some sites and understand how the hell you can easily start using it.
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?