tenpastmidnight blog

Making hay while the sun shines

Self Assessment - tax doesn't have to be working

I'd booked my time out to fill in my tax return on-line today, mainly because most of my clients aren't back at work yet so I could do it relatively undisturbed. Unfortunately apparently lots of other people have had the same idea as I can't get in to the system.

The Inland Revenue helpline have told me it's just weight of traffic with the number of users and have asked if I can try at a less busy time of day. In a way this is fine, but I worry that it'll be bad for people who leave it to the last minute (i.e. like me, last year.) If it's not working now, will it work during a big, last-minute rush?
Comments:
Update: Tried again the next day and it's worked fine, so at least my return is in. Good luck if you're doing one yourself!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?