tenpastmidnight blog

Making hay while the sun shines

New version of Spider Test

I've just uploaded the new version of Spider Test, the tool I wrote last year to help people test how well suited their web pages are to being spidered by search engines.

It's got various improvements to the code behind the tests, especially the way it deals with Javascript and nested tables - before it would not notice nested tables if they were below a non-nested table. I've added checking for people mis-using the meta robots tag, which is one of the banes in my techie/SEO live. It's also done up in WPC livery. I'm hoping to add some extra graphical improvements at some point, but I also don't want to lose the lightness of most of the pages.

There's a list of changes in the history section.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?